Although LinkedIn’s acquisition of SlideShare failed to cause quite as big a stir as Facebook’s lurid Instagram purchase, there was still a buzz of speculation as to how professional network will incorporate the presentation-based website. While LinkedIn’s strategy remains to be seen, Mashable.com gives five reasons why companies should incorporate Slideshare into their marketing strategy.
1. It’s a powerful source for SEO.
2. Under-rated medium for referral traffic.
3. Organic way to communicate with media and bloggers.
4. A source for business leads.
5. A platform to build brand personality.
The enormous amount of information on SlideShare creates an innumerable amount of possibilities form a digital marketing standpoint. Hopefully LinkedIn will augment its advantages by incorporating it into its extensive professional network.